Winter is coming and many people think about swapping their tires again, maybe even you are thinking about it too, but just wait a minute, why don’t you just use your All-season tires all year long? Today, we will be talking about All-season tires, why do they work during every season, how they perform during winter and most important, we will tell you about the 5 best all-season tires for winter as far as it is well concerned.
The first ever all-season tires were introduced by Goodyear in 1997, they were sold as a brilliant idea and a great deal not to change your tires into winter/summer season, so as a driver you could just use the same tires all year long. So now you need to know a little more about these all-season tires; you might think, well they are just tires that work for all season, you’re right, but why? What makes them so special to perform well in every single season? You are about to find out. When you get a new car it is widely possible to be fitted with all-season tires and even when you go for new tires sellers will first offer all-season tires; 97,4% of tire replacements are all-season tires nowadays, and this is because these tires are designed to improve your car performance during all seasons. They are designed to offer great stability, reliable traction and a soft driving in dry, humid, wet and snow conditions. Now, the patterns; All-season tires are provided with closed treat patterns, designed this way so they can avoid water and grip on roads; in order to provide a long tread life, the tire is made of a hard rubber material. In brief, all-season tires are made to offer benefits from both winter and summer tires, they help you have a calm ride and in fuel economy.
The driving conditions and where you live are the variants to evaluate these tires performance and to determine if they fit well to your necessities. If you often drive in places where little to medium snowfalls every year, then all-season tires are best suited for you, otherwise, if you live in a mountain place with loads of heavy snow and tricky roads then you should have Snow tires. Now that you know all this information it’s time to tell more about the bets all-season tires for winter, because as you might know, not all all-season tires perform the same during winter; they also can be divided into categories, it all depends on what you want.
The top 5 All-season tires for winter
Talking about brands, today we can find every single brand and tire sellers we can possibly imagine, but we all know that not all of them offer the best for a better performance. These are the top 5 tires according to users’ opinions and online testers.
• 5 YOKOHAMA ENVIGORALL-SEASON TIRES: They were designed to fit all cars, sport, crossovers, coupes, etc. They offer good traction in almost every condition due to their five-rib directional patterns. And is said to be the versatile tire. Also, a great option that money can buy.
• 4 CONTINENTAL PURE CONTACT: This one also fit any type of car; it has an asymmetric pattern made to reduce noise, and tread block edges to offer stability in dry rides. It was designed to balance low driving resistance and comfort.
• 3 MICHELIN PREMIER A/S: According to users’ opinions, these tires are ranked as a mix between comfort and traction. But they are more expensive than the first two models and offer lest than those tires.
• 2 PIRELLI CENTAURO P7 ALL-SEASON PLUS: These tires not only offer great stability and grip while driving but also fuel efficiency. These tires were designed to be very responsive in all conditions and offer a great cornering stability, they are also low-cost tires and have a long tread life.
• 1 GOODYEAR EAGLE RS-A RADIAL TIRE: As the precursor of all-season tires it is a great deal for this brand to develop the actual best tire of the season. These tires have pretty marked shoulder tread blocks in order to offer strong grip in cornering at high or low speed, also they give excellent wet traction that translates in strong grip and traction on light snow condition.